Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Best Girlie Ever!!! Happy 30th Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to the very best friend in the world! Alisha and I have been the bestest of friends for 2o years now, it all started when we were in 4th grade! Yes, Mrs. Edmonds class at Davis Elementary School! We have been through braces, dance classes, gymnastic classes, broken hearts, great husbands and terrific kids!!! I remember the play dates started with barbies then moved up to hair and makeup experiments and finally the notice of boys. And of course, I remember at one time we even shared a boyfriend...ok we were in 5th grade and Chris Faircloth was the cutest boy in school! Then off to middle school, we had our fun and embarrassing times in our jazz classes and recitals...The embarrassment happened when Alisha kicked me in the head on our final move during our recital! Next was gymnastics...what were we thinking...a lot of bruises and bumps...but the instructor was terrible and mean!!! So then while I started playing basketball, Alisha started cheering. This was probably the saddest year, you see I was transferred to a new school and Alisha stayed at the old school! I remember my school playing against her school....I was so happy to see her, we were quietly cheering each other on that night! Now comes high school, those were great years!!! I just can't even start to describe our times there, if there were something to get into we did! Hey, we never got caught!!! After high school was college, yes we did that together too! We were roommates even after college! Then came the men in our lives and babies too! What a life we have shared! I look forward to 20 more years of having the best friend a girl could ask for!!!

3 comments:

Maw-Maw Daniels said...

Happy Birthday "Liesha" Oh what memories. Seems like I was there with yall. I remember all of those things except the ones you did not yet caught at, (YOU THINK!)

The Bowers Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Alisha! That is a beautiful picture of her! Isn't it nice to have that one bestest friend that you've known for years and years!! I hope she enjoyed her special 30th birthday! I am right behind her! ;)

Baby Jackson said...

HA!!! That is too funny....Someone needs to remove that craziness!
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, I just wanted to let everyone know my age will continue to get younger from this point forward! Thanks Christy for being the best friend anyone could ask for. Oh, and maw-maw, how much do you know about what all the trouble we were? hehe love you guys!