Tuesday, August 08, 2006

HANNAH'S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL


My little girl is all grown up now. Today was the big day for her. She started kindergarten today. All summer long she has been waiting on the day she would get to be a big girl and start school. Her morning started at 6:30! She got right on up and was in a great mood ready to go. She has to be at school at 7:45 and although we live very close to her school the traffic is heavy. All the way there she talked to Mawmaw on the phone. As excited as she was, I could tell she was alittle nervous too. As soon as we started to get out of the car, she saw her couson Hailey. Boy did Hannah get excited then! We all walked into school together, I think this really helped Hannah feel more comfortable. We found Hannah's classroom and her teacher (Mrs Schaffer - which Hannah really seems to like). Now was time for mama and daddy to leave. I somehow felt I was losing my little girl. I tried not to let Hannah see, but this was one of the saddest days of my life. I cried the whole way out of the school - all the way home and every hour as I thought of her. I had a very important meeting and so I wasn't able to pick Hannah up from school. I know it was very special to her daddy to get to have the honor of picking up his little girl from her first day of school. Hannah came home talking about all the fun and exciting things she and all her new friends did at school. I believe Hannah had a bitter sweet day. As exciting as school was for her, she seemed to ask alot throughout the afternoon what I had done all day as well as what Brunson, daddy and Mawmaw had done. I think she in a way felt like she may have missed something while at school. I look forward to all the school activities I get to share with Hannah, like field trips, mommy volunteer days and many others.

1 comment:

The Daniels said...

I can not believe that Hannah is growning up so fast. I know she was the cutest little girl at school.