Monday, October 29, 2007

Party Time!




We did it! Maw-Maw's surprise birthday party went down without any problems! And can you believe she knew NOTHING about it! She was totally surprised!! I have never been so happy for my Mama! It was so rewarding to see her happiness when she spotted another friend or family member who had come in her honor. We had lots of great food - barbecue, baked beans, potato salad, slaw, taco salad and more. Thank goodness for our close family, I appreciate all the help! Lord knows I needed all the help I could get. A special thanks to Aunt Cathy, Aunt Debbie, Jenny and Kyleigh for helping with food - Uncle Benny, Auntie Anne and Bubba for the barn!!! And to my Mama... I do love you with all my heart! You have taught me so much in life and I am so proud of you. What a strong woman you are... After losing Daddy, you have been amazing. I just don't know if I could ever be as brave as you. And now to have you as a cancer survivor is so prideful to me. Your faith, love, compassion, and bravery gives me strength and courage to reach out for all my dreams. I love you Mama and happy birthday!




1 comment:

LOLLY said...

So glad it was a surprise for her..That had to be hard to pull off.
Thank you for the invite, we decided to just do some things around home, and then boat on Sunday...Ed is not home a lot, so when he is, I take full advantage of my TO DO List.
Glad you had a big turnout too!