Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Day Of Terror We Will Remember 9/11


Total number killed in attacks 2,819

Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343

Number of NYPD officers: 23

Number of Port Authority police officers: 37

Number of WTC companies that lost people: 60

Number of employees who died in Tower One: 1,402

Number of employees who died in Tower Two: 614

Number of employees lost at Cantor Fitzgerald: 658

Bodies found "intact": 289

Body parts found: 19,858

Number of families who got no remains: 1,717

I remember this day very well. I was a stay at home Mom, taking care of Hannah (she was only 11 Months). Turning on the television this day was a scary sight. I was glued to the TV all day, Calling Greg and Alisha as they worked to give them as many details I could. Hannah was so young, but understood something very sad was happening. She would wrap those arms around my neck, and I knew how lucky I was. I remember thinking how this could not be happening in America and just staying in a state of shock. I remember feeling so helpless.

1 comment:

LOLLY said...

I remember it well too..That was an awful day.
I think I called everyone I knew and checked in on them.

It is hard to believe six years have passed~