Monday, March 03, 2008

First Grade Project

Robot
Ok so I guess I need to vent! Hannah came home Friday with a "Robot Family Project" Let me remind you, she is in First Grade! The robot is to be a 3 dimentsional and it has to move. Along with her Robot, there needs to be a typed report and then she is to do a oral presentation in front of her class. This isn't a project on effort either, each aspect is graded, she could fail even if she (we) try. And also it has to be turned in on Thursday! So we went out of town for the weekend and Hannah has softball Monday and Tuesday night. She has 4 test each and every week so this project is extra. Come on, this is a project for Chris and I, not a first grader! Is this teacher expecting a robot with mechanics and all? I always stress about my kids and making sure they do the best and are the best they can be. I'm sure I will come up with something great!

3 comments:

The Daniels said...

Good luck - I would not know where to begin.

Anonymous said...

Ugh.....that is A LOT for a first grader. It has to move? Really, the teacher has to know this will mainly be a parent project. I feel bad for the kids who don't have parents that will spend the time on this for them! I know that you and Chris will help Hannah get it done, but I completely agree that it is a crazy assignment.

Walker James Cashon said...

So this is what I have to look forward to??? Yikes!