Monday, October 04, 2010

Weekend in Camden




We enjoyed a relaxing, fantastic weekend in Camden. Camden is a little slow paced and I think it is exactly what we needed...some family time with beautiful weather, being outdoors and enjoying each other! Spent most of the weekend at the farm. Hannah and Brunson love being around all the horses and feeding them their special treats! We also went hunting, boys against girls. Hannah and I sat in the ground blind (it is just like a tent with windows) deep in the woods while Daddy and Brunson sat in a two man tree stand on the outside of a duck pond. We got in our stands right about six o'clock, by six-thirty Hannah and I had a doe (nice size) eating the corn about 35 yards from us! We were so excited to see some action and so quickly. Never have I ever seen a deer act so dramatic (and I have been hunting all my life). She was jumping and running around in circles, it really was amazing to see...not sure if she was just frisky with the cool weather or if she was showing her stuff to a close by buck. It was really a sight to see, Hannah and I had so much fun!

No comments: