Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Weekend Ended With A Bang!

A WEEKEND FULL OF UPS AND DOWNS!!!

What a weekend to say the least! Starting with Friday with Daddy's flight coming in and picking him up in Charlotte, that was a definite up to the weekend! This was the first time in nine years of marriage that Chris and I have been seperated for more than a night and he was gone 6 days, to say the very least I missed him terribly!!! Then Saturday, Uncle Bert passed away after living such an incredible life of 92 years. Auntie Lisha and her family came and spent the afternoon and night with us, which of course was another fun up time. We played in the river (Jackson LOVED IT), grilled a wonderful dinner, and then....another downer. While we were fishing off Mama's dock, Brunson took a tumble off the dock. Scared the mess out of all of us, but I am shamed to say I did not take it like a brave Mama. Once I saw that he would be ok and Mama was cleaning him up, I just passed out! What a wimp I am! He was super brave and is loving all the attention and his bandages...Boys are so weird, thinking boo boo's are cool! A HUGE thank you to Mama for having me and the kids ALL week and for taking such great care of Brunson and his boo boos! I say it all the time and it never feels like enough...I do have the BEST Mama in the world!!!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohh lala mr fancy pants riding I a private jet! Soo cool!

Poor b man that looks like a big boo boo - it looks like a CAST! Can I sign it??

Glad you are ok! I would have DIED too!

The Bowers Family said...

WOW! What a weekend! I know you are so glad to have Chris home! :) Glad Brunson is okay...and I would have to agree...you "DO" have a very special mom!!